1905 – THE BEGINNING.
It was back then that Johann Figlmüller opened a small wine tavern on Wollzeile, right behind St. Stephen’s Cathedral.
Right from the start it stood for the unparalleled Viennese way of life: a restaurant that was always a fine place to chat and celebrate and that had a great menu and select local wines. And, of course, the original rendition of the schnitzel.
The brothers Hans Jr. and Thomas Figlmüller are still maintaining the tradition which is now in its fourth Figlmüller generation.